i graduated on my birthday








This post is long overdue but here goes; On the 13th  of  December 2016, I obtained my first degree! I am glad to say I am now a qualified pharmacist and it feels amazing! The best thing about the day was not only the fact that it was my birthday but the fact that my parents were beaming with pride, I cannot count the number of times i wished for that day and through the almighty's grace, the universe made way for the class of 2016 to be great at the great hall.




\
The truth about graduations is that even if it is your day, It is not really your day. it's a day for others to celebrate you and I couldn't help but feel like i needed to cater to my parents and my cranky little brother,lol,  I like to think that wedding days feel the same for brides and grooms; feeling the need to make sure that your guests are more comfortable than you are.






you see these two people above? angels on earth. the word amazing does not express their presence in my life and career. My venting and crying because of  almost inevitable failure of pharmacy school did not fall on deaf ears. my parents have heard it all, i am so thankful for their faith. 






The beauties with brains that inspired and challenged the heaven inside of me. I am going to miss the memorable study sessions we had in the medical school library. it does not end here! Here is to more dompedros and becoming women of substance! 






Dab!  i love how we were caught in a happy moment in this picture!





Nana's photographer making sure that he had the right angles




I feel like if I could select a picture that could tell a story about the 13 of December 2016, this would be it, there is no better feeling of knowing you started and completed something. such sweet fruits were reaped and are still to be reaped.






At the beginning of the year we became partners and did every pair project together, One of the first ones was about HIV, we nailed it then I knew our honors project would be smooth sailing. I thank this girl for being patient with me. I am not a difficult person but I can be anxious and paranoid at times, it is called being human, lol. you are a star Nana, my number cruncher.

I feel confident enough to say that this day was one of the best days of our lives. Personally i hope that we still have more to accomplish in this life.

"You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world."- Tom Brokaw



Thank you so much for stopping by my almost abandoned blog.
- Rebecca Mahlaela (B.pharm)







best clique in the world.. congratulations girls!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take me back to Durban!

catching up a little